<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

My dad and brother were looking at the bus, trying to figure out why we didn't have the same amount of power going up hills. WE HAVE A CRACKED HEAD! Again! When we first bought the bus, that was the problem. It's a 6v92 so there are two sides, three cylinders each. We had done the broken side over last summer. This currently cracked side could have possibly been broken the whole time, it just wasn't leaking like it is now. This puts a serious bend in all of our plans. CD recording has just been bumped up a few months, as our tours are going to get in the way with recording.

It's going to take at least a week of serious engine work, as well as a long drive to the parts place in NJ. Terribly disappointing.

Today it is rainy here. Good thing is, I finished my taxes, ALL OF THEM! They're in envelopes ready to mail. I had first lost 2002s taxes, then I lost my W2, then I lost them all again! Thank God I found them, I would have been going crazy and probably had a nervous breakdown :P

I found a reeeeeeeeeeally good recipe for corn flake bars. These are goooood!

3/4 C. Karo syrup
3/4 C sugar
1 C. peanut butter
3 C. crushed corn flakes
about 1 C. chocolate chips

Cook karo and sugar in saucepan till it's bubbly and the sugar has dissolved.
Mix peanut butter into that mixture, add the cornflakes (if it seems like there's not enough corn flakes, just add more. The more you add, the more crunchy it will be, and less sweet). Press into [greased] 13x9 pan. You can either wait for the chocolate chips to melt (sometimes it isn't hot enough) or put it in the oven for a few minutes, or better yet broil for a minute. It burns really fast though, so watch it carefully. Spread the melted chips with a knife, cool, cut, eat!

The recipe actually had this warning on it, I suggest you heed it as well.

"This recipe is not compatible with any weight loss diet. Consumption will cause immediate loss of will power."

Exactly!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?