<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I know it's about time to change my poll, but what should it be? I tried to think of one but I guess my creative juices aren't flowing that great. So if you have an idea for a poll just leave a comment.

A lot of people ask me why I am not in school at school hours, or what grade I'm in. I am not in school because I finished school last year. I was able to skip a few grades and finished early. A lot of people at the places we sing ask my sister and I if we're going to college. My sister can speak for herself, but as for me I don't have the time or the inclination. I remember a woman arguing with me that college was a necessity. She told me it was a place in life where you had no responsibilities, and more privileges. I don't know how much of that is true but what could be a worse environment! Doesn't sound like the real world at all. If I do go to college, it will be a local college just so I can get my EMT-b license, or possible paramedic license. Music plays a big part in my life, but much of it is music that they don't teach in college. Never heard of majoring in banjo performance before :) Besides....lessons are cheaper and give you more time to practice. College is for right for some but for me it's not right now.

I've got some more goals formed, a 6 minute mile, and a 15 minute double (2 miles). Those are probably slow to anyone who already runs, but I'm coming from total un-athleticism, I was practically the anti-athlete when I was 12 or so. For now those goals are acceptable to me. I would also like to run a short race next year, maybe 4-5 miles. I want so badly to train for speed...but I can barely run two miles without stopping to walk. And I keep hearing you should wait a while to train for speed, to let your heart adjust to the extra load.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?