<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 02, 2004

My brothers are so brave!!!!!!!!! This is no exaggeration. Take a look at these pictures. This was after my other brother had already climbed down, I hadn't thought to take pictures before that.



I circled him so you can see him better. That is HIGH! I went up as far as 3/4 up the ladder to tie a jug of ice water to the rope. Everytime I took a step the ladder shook a little bit. It reminded me of the first (and only, unfortunately) time I rode the superman.


Finishing up.




And that's him on the way down.

And BTW...he was wearing a body harness the whole time, except while he was moving the anchor point down a few limbs to descend.

I went up to the attic and peeked out the hatch. Our roof is so steep! I'm having second thoughts about going up there to help reroof, but I won't chicken out. As long as I'm wearing a harness I'll be fine. Yikes. Whew. I'm scared. I am scared. But I'm sure I'll be fine. It's going to take a little while to get used to it. It looks nothing like it does on the ground. This is one obstacle I must overcome, the fear of falling. I don't mind heights as long as I know I'm not in danger of falling. But I don't trust myself yet. It may take a while.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?