<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2004

Ok, I've been sorely neglecting my blog, and therefore neglecting my readers. My life is just suddenly more interesting. It seems I'd have more to blog about, but it's not bloggable stuff. It is, but it isn't. I'm not making sense here, so I'll stop talking about it :p

September is only a few days away. September deserves a nice serious post. So I'll do my best. I ought to give a summary of what I've done the past 3 months, and what's on the schedule for the rest of the year.

I'm trying to make a serious comeback on trumpet. I haven't been practicing for the past month, I've lost range, endurance, and some tone. It really aggrevates me, but I'm having to choose between things I like to do. Right now running is taking a backseat. Besides having the prospect of my knees and feet giving me trouble for the rest of my life, I just don't have time every day. On the other hand, the only thing practicing trumpet will do is make me a better player. I was listening to a CD of some students of a guy named Jeff Smiley who lives in Garland, TX, and I suddenly realized I'm throwing this whole year away by not practicing. Last year I definitely improved, but this year I'm sort of just waiting here at this point, not doing much at all. Hopefully practicing will make it all better!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?