<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 13, 2004

People often ask me what I hope to do in the future. Well, for all you who are nosy or just curious, I have made a decision which I know will affect me for the rest of my life. I have decided that I need to do my part in helping society. I have decided to take a job where I am taking care of needy people. These people are very much in need, and most of them demand constant care. It may be hard work, but it is very rewarding and besides, I am willing to sacrifice my own self in pursuit of my career. No push-over I’m going to be! I am planning to be at this job for 30 years or more, so it should definitely be considered my career! I can’t stand it when women just do nothing in life, and have nothing to show for after what should have been the best years of her life. She just aimlessly takes a job, and doesn’t put her effort into anything lasting.

The agency I’m signed up with usually sends only one of these people at a time to my house, where they will dwell until they've graduated from the program - the Administrator knows lot about me already, and He is the one who decides when another one gets sent. Sometimes the agency sends more than one at a time, but it would surprise me if I got more than one at a time. They have it all worked out so that you don’t get too exhausted. They also require that you have a partner to work with who is - in the most favorable conditions - considered the boss.

At the peak of my career, I may possibly have upwards of 8 people in my care, all depending on me and my boss. It’s very exciting but very demanding. I will have to be on hand 24 hours a day most days, and I have to with every problem that comes up with their development. If they are physically hurt, I will have to tend to it myself, and the same if they are emotionally hurt. I will also be head of the cleaning department, head of the cooking department, and head of the school. Of course, the boss has to be on hand a lot too, he deals with the misbehaving students, as well as the other things that go along with keeping up an establishment, such major financial decisions, relocating, etc.. That’s what the Administrator has arranged, so I can concentrate more on my job.

Most people come completely helpless at first, they have never been schooled, never eaten normal food, never had a chance to live what you’d call an average day. Some of them have never heard a single word of English! It’s hard at first, because they usually end up screaming and throwing fits when they don’t get what they want. I think it must be hard for them also, but they get used to their new surroundings quickly.


Although I haven’t found a suitable partner to start the program with, I know we’ll both agree that we should try to get these people reasonably smart. I will have to teach them how to read, write, and speak a foreign language [edit; any language we teach them is going to be foreign at first, including English], as well as many other types of school material. We have to put them all through the equivalency of high school, and if they aren’t smart enough to jump right to 9th grade material, we have to put them through K-8 as well. It can be a very arduous task, but it’s much easier with my boss on hand.

Along with this, be on hand for their emotional breakdowns, make sure they’re always in reasonably good health, we have to help them drive safely, as almost all of them have never driven a car, make sure they don’t unintentionally hurt themselves (they can be very reckless, especially the first few years), and most importantly, make sure they are secure for eternity.

It doesn’t end there, however. When they are done with the program, they often start it themselves, and it continues on.


Yep, you guessed it. I want to me a wife and a mother! Administrator willing ;D

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?