<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ungrateful Wretch.

A few nights ago I was sitting up, unable to go to sleep. I felt hungry. It only got worse, and the more I thought about it, the more disgusted I got. I refused to go downstairs to get something to eat, I just sat there and thought about how terrible it was that I was hungry and unable to sleep. At this point, I should have realized how millions of people feel every night when they try to sleep, and thanked God for what I did have. I just prayed that PLEASE, would I be able to go sleep without thinking about my stomach. A few minutes later, I heard the annoying buzz of a mosquito. I grabbed the blanket and tried to catch it. Silence. I went tried to sleep again, this time with the blanket over my face. UGH! I remembered that mosquitoes can bite through clothes. I tried holding my blanket out a little ways from my face. Oh please, just get this mosquito away. As I complained inwardly about having to put up with the mosquito, I realized I had forgotten about being hungry. I was totally unthankful for the soft bed I was sleeping in, for the freedom of being fearful of contracting malaria, for the window with a screen (however many holes it may have), for the family I have, the freedom I enjoy in general. Sick.


Check this site out: Slave of Christ. It's run by a friend of mine, Kaleb Matson.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?