<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 23, 2005

This past week we spent a lot of time on a ranch with lots of wild animals, the Jan-Kay. So...they have ostriches. So I went and got a few eggs with my siblings to blow out. A few of them had sat there for a while, so I had this bright idea; why not saw them open with a hacksaw and make a bowl? So my sis went and got the hacksaw the afternoon we were leaving, but my Dad told her we could probably just take the eggs with us and do it when we got home. So she put the hacksaw away. "Hey, where's that hacksaw??" I asked her. I thought to myself, I'm going to be the FIRST to have a REAL ostrich egg bowl. Whoopee. Sooo...I go and get the hacksaw, and I start sawing. I'm thinking to myself that I'm having a hard time getting this thing started, and my initial starting line looks a little crooked. and BAM. The egg exploded! And it was thoroughly ROTTEN! Below is the result. I was very unhappy because I smelled like you-don't-want-to-know-too-bad-to-describe, and rotten egg was all over. It was very shocking too. Some of the shells landed 15 feet away, but Thank God, none hit me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is Carol when she finally reached a real bed!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I met this guy in Texas! Isn't he cute?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com (and for those of you who sometime in the future might not be able to access the actual picture...this guy is very reptilian. heh.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?