<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm alive!!

As I'm ashamed to tell you all, I lost the capo my dad bought for me and as a result he said I couldn't blog until I replaced it. He has been VERY nice, and said I could blog today, even though I haven't found it. I didn't even ask him, he just said "Go ahead and blog." And I haven't been able to find it or replace it yet. I will, very soon, though.

In the meantime, might I remind you that today (I believe) is the day that voting for Spunky Homeschool Blogger Awards. I know I have been nominated, but I don't know if that means I'll get into the list of blogs to vote for. As soon as I know, I'll post something and put a link to vote in my header bar. (update: click on the link above to vote).

I would really appreciate any votes you would give me. Winning would be fun, but I think more than that I'd just be happy to see the fact that ANYONE would vote for my blog :)

I've got so many things to blog about, I hardly have time! For one thing, I wanted to mention that my sister singing actually gave me goosebumps a few concerts ago. She sang Oh Holy Night. Wow.

We're going to be on TV tonight! I'm kind of not thinking about it too much, because I don't want to get nervous. I've felt myself being more and more nervous lately, I'm not sure what's going on. A few times ago I almost froze up on a guitar solo. As much as I like performing, this nerve thing is starting to be a bother. It will be especially a bother tonight. Anyone who knows me knows I'm generally not strung that tight (or at least I assume that is the way I come across). An hour long concert/interviews is going to be broadcast live on the Greenfield cable station; they will send the taping to six other local/regional stations.

Weather: 1 foot of snow last week, it's 27 at the moment here. I think I heard my dad say it's supposed to get down to 3 later this week.

New things aren't always better. My dad, sister and I went to Ludlow to pick up a horn my trumpet teacher (just a little note here, he isn't actually my teacher, seeing as I don't take lessons from him, but I don't know what else to call him. He's a professional trumpeter that lives in the area and knows a lot about trumpets and playing them) had for me to try. As soon as I picked it up, I knew it sounded different. But I couldn't actually say it sounded better. The sound is almost more muffled than my other horn, which shouldn't make sense. More expensive horn = better? Not a chance! I posted about it at a forum, and they said if I was using my old horn to record this clip, then don't buy the new one. My teacher didn't want me to pay him until I was sure I liked the horn. I'm less confused now than I was, but I'm still not sure what to do. In the meantime, I can think about it, ask more questions, and hopefully come to a conclusion. I'm realizing that I really liked my old trumpet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?