<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 01, 2006

When I noticed how many people asked for the recipe for our sweet pizza, I started
thinking (novel idea there). With my photographer, could I make a tutorial on how to make it? I consulted with my photographer ;) and she said it might just work :D So here, for y’all, cookers and non cookers, for your enjoyment, laughs, cooking pleasure, etc, is a tutorial with photos on how to make sweet pizza. Check out the end for the super quick way to make fruity sweet pizzas which I haven't made because I"m out of the ingredients :(

Captions will follow photos. I don’t know which way I usually do it, but for clarity’s sake I’ll specify that indeed, the captions go with the photo above.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is the happy cook. WAAAY too happy. This resulted in many laugh-so-hard-
you-double-over moments in the process. I had pictures of myself washing my hands, but the sink was too dirty! :p


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Preheat the oven to 375.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Measure out....



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
...Two cups of water.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Microwave till warm, but not hot. It needs to be warm enough to start the yeast, but not too hot or it will kill it. (note, in this case I opened the microwave to be greeted by two very old looking garduna pancakes, which look like pancakes with olive-y green celery in them. Very shocking. For best results, if you find something in the microwave, remove it before you put your water in.)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Measure out 1 T. yeast, 3 T. sugar, and about half a T. salt.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mix together in a small bowl or large measuring cup. When it's all dissolved, pour it into a large bowl (or you could just mix it in the large bowl first, but I used a large glass measuring cup to heat the water, so that's what I mixed it in), preferably with a flattish bottom and low sides for easier kneading. It doesn’t really matter though, it will just be more uncomfortable the higher the sides are.

NOTE: Don’t do what I did and forget the oil. Put a good squirt of olive (or vegetable, if you wish) oil in the bowl. I’m guessing maybe 1/4 cup.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Upon reaching the flour canister I found that we were out of whole wheat flour, so I had to grind some up. I also used some white bread flour. Probably about half and half.

Now that the yeast, salt, and sugar (and oil!) are together, start adding flour. I had a picture of the kneading process but I appear to have forgotten to upload it :( So just imagine it getting mixed up. I think it ended up about 6 cups of flour. Don’t add too much flour, but just get if workable. Add until you can mix it with your hands, then start kneading, turning quarter turn and pressing down on it with the heel of your hand (or palm, whatever works. I’ve never really analyzed it before). Add a little flour if you knead to. Oops ;)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It’s got a face!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you eat it?




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Press the dough into three greased round pizza pans and stick them in the oven. If you are under the age of 13, you must have an adult accompany you, or you take all of the risk yourself and don’t blame me for getting burned :p



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While it’s in the oven (or before, you may run out of time otherwise) mix up about 1/2 C.brown sugar, some nutmeg and cinnamon, about two inches of a stick of butter, 3/4 cup chopped nuts, and a little pour of water. Microwave it to get the butter melted.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That’s about what it ends up looking like. Not too much water, just enough to make it
easier to spread.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That is how you might look chopping up the nuts.



THAT topping is for the nut pizza.
For the chocolate pizza...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chop up about a bar of chocolate. Otherwise I would have used chocolate chips (about
3/4 to 1 cup’s worth) but we just got a really good deal on chocolate bars and we’re out of chocolate chips, so it seemed like the logical thing to use. I’m not sure it was exactly a whole bar, because if was the leftovers of two partial bars. What you see in the bowl is about what you need.

Add to the chopped up chocolate 2 T. cocoa powder, 1-2 T. sugar, and about 2 inches of butter. I microwaved this and it made it much easier to spread.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Spread 2/3s of the chocolate mixture on one of the pizza crusts you have now taken out of the oven and examined to see how badly it’s burned, and 2/3s of the nut mixture on a second one. Then you can use the remaining 3rds on the third pizza doing half chocolate half nut. (and I'm aware that my mixture didn't really turn out even 3rds. Yours may not either :D)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is what the half and half one turned out like before baking.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You can sprinkle coconut on the chocolate one if you like. Makes for a nice
pseudo-cheese look.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Switch the pizzas about halfway through. If your oven is like mine, it should be about 5-7 minutes through.

To check for doneness, check the bottoms to see if they’re browned sufficiently. When
they look the way you like your pizza crust to look, they’re done. If you normally don’t study pizza bottoms, slightly golden should be enough.

You’re done! Eat up, and try not to forget you still have the third one in the oven.

As a final note and as a BONUS, here’s the way we cut our pizzas here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yup, we use scissors. I don’t think I’ve ever used a pizza cutter, but the scissor, besides being the most natural thing for me to use due to just always having done it that way, has the added benefit of not scratching up your pans.

Thanks for my sister Carol for being the photographer :D

On yeah. Your other bonus for making it through the tutorial. To make the pizzas even faster (and the way Carol had originally experimented, with producing stunningly good sweet pizzas) make the crust like we said, then use jam for the topping + chopped up nuts. Just spread on a good amount of jam, sprinkle with nuts and bake. Yum.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?