<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 20, 2006

On the road I had a dream we were making cloth dolls like my mom, sister and I used to make when I was younger. I thought it would be so fun to make them again, but I didn't have the materials. So I had time to give it thought, and I wondered if I couldn't try to make a doll head out of clay. I had done two heads before, but each turned out pretty awkward looking. This time, I reasoned, I'm older, and I'll study pictures beforehand. I took my sister's camera and started taking pictures of my own face in a few different angles, just to get an idea of how a face is put together. I started with this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Went to this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(I think that one just above is kind of cool because it sort of looks like flesh (reminds me of pictures of unborn babies) and the dust resembles veins.)


Add a little hair...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And there's the finished project.

The eye lashes are cut from hairs I've shed recently.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a closeup of the terrible 'eyeliner' I did. I cut out a hair from a paint brush and brushed acrylic brown around her eyes for more definition. It looked so much more even before it dried. Maybe the paint was diluted? I'm not sure.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?