<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 02, 2007

We're coming to our last days in Florida for this part of our trip. We'll return, Lord willing, after our weeks in Houston. We have had many concerts this week and at least two of them were standing room only. I was amazed!

We did a concert yesterday morning and then someone took us out to Golden Corral. Woweee! It was a lot of fun and I don't think I've ever eaten as healthy at any other buffet. I started out with a plate full of salad - lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds (no dressing). It was literally a plate FULL. After that I ate less of the "danger" foods because I was feeling full sooner. I didn't leave feeling guilty of being a glutton. I could walk out without waddling. And the night before that I skipped dessert!

So anyhow, after we got out of the restaurant it was raining. We headed to the beach anyhow and by the time we got there it had stopped raining and it was just overcast :) Since it was too cold to go in the water I went for a run. There were barriers every 50 feet of beach or so (to help prevent erosion, I assume) so I couldn't run down near the water. It was really hard to run against the wind AND run in the soft sand. On the way up against the wind I stopped a few times, on the way back I was able to run without stopping. My ankle pretty much is tight every morning until I get out of bed and start walking around. The running makes it just a little worse, but not a lot. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with it that I'm missing. Could I have broken it and not noticed? It's not a constant achilles pain, it's more when I twist it just the right way. So yeah, my hypochondriac is flaring up agaim :P
___________________

I'm also worried (ha) that I'm getting obsessed with the eating right. I read in Luke last night "Do not worry about what you will wear, or what you will eat." Does that mean just eat whatever's before you, without question or thought as to what you are going to eat? I considered it and decided it was in the context of worrying. Choosing to eat the salad instead of the bag of potato chips isn't considered worrying, right?

That said, I'm noticing how you don't have to just "wait and see" how eating certain foods will effect you. Look around and open your eyes. There are people of all ages eating all kinds of foods. See how it effects them.
__________

Priorities, priorities. Food doesn't kill you. Sin does. All of us are going to die no matter what we eat (or don't eat), so make sure you're right with God before you start to think about what you eat. In reality, it doesn't really matter. It's just one of those things we do (eat). Are YOU a good person?

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?