<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We're in Alabama!

My dad is not feeling very well. Please pray for him as he has been experiencing flu like symtoms possibly related to his ankelosing spondolitus (I don't know how to spell it, but it's kind of like an autoimmune disorder if I remember right).

______________________


As I look around me and see all of this stuff that's happening, the Real ID (I'd link to it but my 'linker' is broken and I don't know the HTML), the moving of many people and organizations to build a one world government, etc., it's so easy to become disturbed. Let me rephrase that. It's easy to worry. Thankfully, God has been impressing upon me that we can't worry about these things! Rejoice when you are persecuted. Fear not he who can destroy only the body. It's amazing how detached what we feel can be from reality. If we face death for the sake of Christ someday, is it not to our advantage to become as close to God now as we can? When painful things occur we will be tested. I've been reading a lot of the "brother will be turned against brother" verses and I just keep praying that God would keep me close to Him no matter what would happen. I'm not reading them on purpose, they just seem to be popping out a lot. And in those verses I see a great sadness, because of the terribleness of what sin can do. If we don't wake up now, we'll be swept away later. Fear God! Persecution may come and I don't think it's wise to sit idly by and just think "Well it's not happening here, so I don't have to worry about it." Pray that you may be close to God in spite of the lack of persecution in this country. And remember those being persecuted and pray for them, that they would be strong.
Here's something that I have found helpful sometimes. Anytime you face pain, turn it into a passionate prayer for those suffering pain for the sake of Christ. I remember having to walk my bike because it was broken, I was out about a mile from where I needed to be (huge trial there, eh?!). I thought I can either complain because I have to walk, or this time while I have to walk I can pray that someone in a third country could be supplied with a bike so they don't have to walk 50 miles and in that "bad" situation I can be strengthened and encourage. Don't let yourself stray with discouraging thoughts because of your circumstances. For in Christ, our circumstance is that we have been forgiven a huge debt, and that's just about it! If we would only focus on Christ, we'd be humbled, and then we'd see life in perspective.
____________________________


I'm getting COLD! I'm outside with a fleece, sweatpants and sandals on. It's quite a nice change from New England, but it still does feel cold sometimes. Carol thinks we might be getting wimpy and losing our "northerner" toughness! I think before the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden, the climate must have been very nice and not extremely hot or cold. Imagine a place where it never feels uncomfortable to either degree! I think Heaven must be void of unlivable cold or scorching heat, indeed it will be greater by far than any of our expectations.

_____________________________

I made my own granola bars today. I got some whey powder to mix in because it has more protein in it. However, I'm wondering how good whey really is for you. I added up all of the ingredients and I have a little list of how many calories are in them and things like that. As far as I can tell (and if I divided them up evenly) they have 142 calories, 9.2 grams protein, 4.5 grams fat, and 12 grams carbs. Most of the fat is from the flax oil I put it, but there's some peanut butter in them too. It's pretty cool to make those little readout thingies like they have on the stuff from the store with the nutritional info on them. I have been eating what seems like LOADS of veggies, most of them raw, but I seem to crave carbs every day in the late afternoon and usually I crumble and have either a poptart or a granola bar, or a cookie, or all three. I also found out you can make a pretty good dip with mushed up cottage cheese, salt, and garlic powder. You can eat a whole cup of it nearly and still be eating pretty lean, and that means you can use dip generously on a whole plate of veggies.

Just so you know, I'm not going off carbs completely, I'm just trying to cut down on the carbs that I get from simple sources, such as sugar and white flour. I'm trying to get them from brown rice, oatmeal, veggies and fruits. Some people go nutty and cut them out completely but I don't think that's wise. Moderation, moderation...

Labels: , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?