<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yesterday I made a new hair fork. This time I went online and looked up hair forks on ebay and checked out what designs I could draw from. I also took some pictures of the process.

Here's the log I cut it out of:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's handsawn :p I bet I tore lots of muscle fiber while cutting that :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is what the grain looked like when the log was split, which is why I saved it for the to-make-things-with pile (which in reality consists of a single log).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I sanded each side of that chunk up above on the belt sander, then cut out the shape with a hand jigsaw.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used a chisel to make the curved face of the top of the comb, I also used the sander to enhance the curve of the whole thing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And after a few hours of work, here's what it looked like!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here it is in action:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm really much happier with the way this one turned out than the last one.
This picture kind of shows the curve of the fork.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?