<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today there's a birthday in the house! Peter is 16 today :D

A little Peter:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A big Peter, bigger, taller, and stronger than me :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!
___________________________________________________


And here, diving into the vault of vintage pictures, is a shot of what my room used to look like on a fairly regular basis.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Frightening, I tell you!

I forgot to take before pictures before I started my room repainting - it was more or less clean. But you can at least see the green color here. I was so tired of that color after a few years. Here it is after I had already pushed everything to the center of the room: (shot from the same location, same window in the picture.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here it is after the paint, before the cleanup!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A few hours later (see a path emerging??)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And now, after several trashbags of givaway stuff has been removed and after multiple vacuumings (it is so hard to keep a very dark rug clean looking! At least it doesn't show hair :p):
vPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm really happy with the color and I've put off putting things back on the walls because they're kind of nice empty. I do need to restring some of the twinkle lights I had strung around the top of the room. That makes great alternate lighting, either alone of combined with a lamp. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up with for curtains either. I threw those up because I'm pretty sure the neighbors could see through the big cracks on the sides of my blinds!

_______________

For yesterday's lunch I made 8 pizzas - we usually eat 6 1/2 and the other 1 1/2 are left over for the guys to snack on the next day. It doesn't look like much pizza when it's all sliced up and stacked on a tray. If I had pizza boxes I would have boxed them whole, but we don't have any of those - yet! The lettuce in the back is from our garden, by the way! I don'e recall ever being able to just go out and pick lettuce but it sure was fun. It didn't take much effort on my part to plant it; Vincent tilled and made some of the rows, I just stuck the seeds in and did a little weeding! So hats off to Vincent and his gardening efforts, which are really proving to be fruitful :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For some reason, it looks less appetizing all stacked up and sliced like that, lol. They ended up eating all but 4-5 pieces though, so it must have tasted fine!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?