<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 30, 2007

This week we got a call that a friend was haying. We went up there and spent a nice afternoon expending calories (replenished by the delicious pizza, corn on the cob, and cherry tomatoes for supper) and getting a job partially finished. The haying was done for the day, anyway.

Carol got lots of great pictures, some of which, as usual, I will borrow and display for y'all to look at :)

For starters, this is the barn we were working around. They had already done one run of hay so it was partially full.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Outside by the conveyer belt:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the downtime between loads we walked around and checked out the rest of the stuff on the farm. Some of the animals checked us out too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Do I look like a future dairy farmer!??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yessiree, here is where your milk comes from:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some of the cows seemed eager to get milked but I saw one kick off the milking device a few times.

Hannah was having a great time :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this isn't the first time I've noticed - my brother has got gorgeous blue eyes :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one is just because I liked the goat:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And we got to take home a chick - one that will probably go to a friend of ours once it's a little older. She has chickens already and will probably like another one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At the end of the day, after hanging out with everyone and eating supper, I discovered this dirty looking thing in the mirror.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We all went home tired! Today I'm surprised that I have little to no soreness resulting directly from moving the hay. My hands are sore and maybe my shoulders a bit.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?