<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Trip To The Y
I can't remember if I told you all already, but the church we sang at a few nights ago gave us free passes to the YMCA nextdoor for Friday and Saturday. The gym was a lot of fun, considering I had never been in a real gym before. There were tons of machines, and a nice free weight section too. I used the free weights mainly, except when I went over to the machine side to do pull ups on the bar over there.

This all made me realize that what I really want is not a gym membership ($$$$$), but just a few more dumbbells ($, or 0). Depending on where I get them, I might be able to find them for nothing. That is, of course, depending. I hate the thought of spending money on chunks of metal shaped into dumbbells.

I had been slacking off with workouts in the weeks before we left. When I did my normal "easy" chest/tricep routine, I woke up really sore! I did squats with maybe 40 pounds and woke up sore. My thigh muscles were twitching the next day - WEIRD!

________________
Moviemaking
When I got online I thought I had something so pertinent to blog, and then I forgot what it was. Or maybe I just wanted to get online and I made a good reason up in my head that didn't really exist. I found some great books on filmmaking at the library last night. One is called Cinematic Storytelling: The 100 Most Powerful Film Conventions Every Filmmaker Must Know. Of course I couldn't take it out, because I'm not a member at this library in OH, but I looked through it and took some notes. I'm also sort of on the lookout for a new camera. I'm not sure. I really would like to be able to make a higher quality video for the music video I'm planning on making, but I can't spend a whole lot on a new camera. I'm not sure if it would be more wise to invest in new software first, or a new camera. The biggest problem I see with Windows Movie Maker (came free with Windows) is that I can't line up things precisely, which will impede lip synching, and that it doesn't seem to want to process clips under a certain length.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?