<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 07, 2008

I borrowed this from PrairieSunrise. :D They're all my answers, of course ;) I'm not always the most concise person, so if you're a slow reader you might want to go get some snacks at this point.

_____________________________________


2007 Summary Survey


1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Finished the top to a twin size quilt, went to a political rally

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made resolutions in November or December I think, and I don’t even remember what they were J


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No

4. Did anyone close to you die? Tough one. A lot of people I know seem to have died in 2007. I’m not sure how close you could consider them.

5. What countries did you visit? None!

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A closer walk with God, and more discipline

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I don’t really associate days with events. I will probably remember the Ron Paul rally, and the fact that my dad got sick again

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving! I guess writing the first song that meant anything to anyone besides myself was a good thing that God worked through me

9. What was your biggest failure?
Neglecting to seek God first in everything, and letting myself be filled with excitement for material and temporal things.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Achilles tendon problem that made me give up running, and sore wrists/hands from practicing too hard. Other than that, a lot of colds!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Good question! Teaching DVDs and music CDs.

12. What's one of the best pictures you have from this year? The one of my chicken J Actually I don’t have a favorite picture, I have a favorite folder on my computer and it’s about 4 GB full of pictures from my computer‘s lifetime.

13. What is the saddest movie you saw? I can’t remember! I probably cried on plenty of them though.

14. Where did most of your money go? In the special woodstove that burns money for heat. Come to think of it, I don’t know exactly where it went! It’s probably still in my bank account and I just haven’t checked in a while.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? First of all, the MOST exciting thing was in December and it was hearing a sermon on drawing nearer to God and seeking Him. It was really incredible. I also got excited about the Ron Paul rally, and I always get excited after having a good conversation over a tract. Sometimes people just say ‘No THANKS! (Get out of my face!) and walk away. That’s a bummer, but it’s so exciting to get a responsive person. Also, I got excited about guitar playing and music again.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007? Probably Ron Block’s albums, although I won’t remember what year it was that I got familiar with his music.

17. Compared to this time last year, you are: Fatter (slightly!), a year older, a tiny bit more versed with Spanish verbs, waaay more hesitant, and a lot less adventurous. I wish I had mo’ better news on that front, but I gotta call it like I see it! I’m probably more emotional, which is good and bad. Not good for keeping composure under stress, but very good for drawing out music. I’m also loads more happy being single ;) I’m starting to sound like a really boring person…

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Praying, witnessing, and practicing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping, wasting time on the computer, nagging my family

20. How did you spend Christmas? Singing and eating, then practicing

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Not unless you count with my Maker. I don’t THINK you can count the guitar, but I have been spending a lot of time with it lately ;)

22. New Favorite Restaurant?
Ryan’s Steakhouse

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The one I didn’t watch! Seriously, I’m coming to be happy that I don’t know who certain characters are on the TV. The less junk in my head the better.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Myself? But the Bible says you don’t hate yourself, so I guess the answer is no.

25. What was the best book you read? Ephesians and Galations

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Improvising on a single string over a modal vamp! And then shortly after that, in 2008, I discovered single stringing improv over a drone! Wow, super cool, and I’m way serious. If you think I’m nuts go buy a book called The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrich and wrap your brain around just the first chapter. Then in a few years when you’re done with that, go on to the second chapter ;)

27. What did you want and get? Assurance of salvation and for the doubt to just go away. I can’t say that doubt never enters my mind, but in Christ I conquer doubt of things that are real.

28. What was your favorite activity of this year? Hanging out with my family and being on the road

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was a year younger before, and a year older after it occurred. We were at my grandparents house, we ate cake and my family gave me very nice presents.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Ripped, misaligned and a little grungy looking. Just kidding! I would say that my concept in 2007 has been a figure of change - changing from dumpy looking tee-shirts that hang to my knees to wearing a sweatshirt that actually fits and doesn‘t billow out all over. I’m not too worried about how I look, but I see the wisdom in looking somewhat put together.

31. What kept you sane? God. That’s it. Everything else drives insanity.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most? I don’t know if they’re public figures but the persecuted church that we only hear about really stirs me. Also Ray Comfort, and Ron Paul, for “regular” public figures.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that America is going down the drain with its policies. I know the deeper issue is a Spiritual problem, so the best solution to America’s problems is to go out in every street and preach the gospel. Ron Paul can be a tool to help us get back to where we should be at, but God may not have the same inclination towards an exceedingly wicked, prosperous, “free” country that He did towards one that was turned towards Him. So even if you get our laws straightened out, the dollar is worth something again, and everyone continues to be wicked and hate God, we still have the bigger problem with us.

34. Who did you miss? I thought a lot more about my grandmother than I have in recent years. I did miss someone that I thought I might get to see, but it was probably a figment of my imagination that things would have turned out differently if I had gotten to see them. And yes, it was a guy (just for all you smirking people). I have a few people online that I’d really like to see, and my friends that are girls have gotten a lot closer than ever before.

35. Who was the best new person you met? This is completely unanswerable! I met so many people, and so many of them have influenced me for the better.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: God knows you better than you do, so don’t just trust Him in some things.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?